Wednesday, September 4, 2019

The Mission of the Apostolic Orthodox Church


Our Mission  


During the first decade of the twenty-first century the Lord revealed to me, through prayer and inspiration (word of wisdom) that the true Church was going to morph into an earthly form that will have the power and anointing of the Pentecostal experience, apostolic doctrine and episcopal  structure: in short a hybrid of Oneness Pentecostalism and Catholicism/Orthodoxy. That it would be this church that would put Islam down once and for all.
I have dedicated myself to being a harbinger of that message through my preaching, teaching and writing. Over the last decade I have tackled twelve doctrinal topics designed to move us in that direction.  These are:

1. Modalistic Monarchianism as the proper paradigm for Oneness theology; http://bishopjerrylhayes.blogspot.com/2017/09/modalistic-monarchianism.html

2. Writing and distributing a Modalistic creed entitled "The Apostolic Creed"; https://bishopjerrylhayes.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-christian-creed.html

3. Embracing the Council of Nicæa (AD 325), and the Creed formulated there, i.e. the Creed of Nicæa (not the Nicene Creed which is a different document); 

4. Promoting the Real Presence of the Lord's body and blood in the Lord's Supper and the consequences of the same; 

5. Advocating the term Eucharist for the Communion and declaring the Eucharist to be the biblical sign of the New Covenant;

6. Advocating valid holy orders and apostolic succession for the Christian ministry;

7. Defending the Christian practice of infant water baptism; https://bishopjerrylhayes.blogspot.com/2018/09/children-of-christians-are-holy-seed.html

8. Advocating for the consciousness of the soul after the death of the body, which makes possible the communion of the saints;

9. Acknowledging Mary's unique position in, and contribution to,  the Gospel story.
10. Rejection of Dispensationalism and embracing Historicism in the form of Realized Millennialism (formerly called Amillennialism).

11. Advocating the Christian liturgy of Sunday worship, Good Friday, Easter, Pentecost and Christmas; the liturgical garment of the Christian woman's headcovering.

12. Advocating for the Church's role in salvation through the administration of the sacraments: i.e. water baptism, Eucharist and the Laying on of Hands.

We affirm that all twelve items are biblical and necessary for the advancement of the Kingdom of Christ.

Some of you have come along with me in this journey, as you have followed my writings and teaching over the recent years. Many of you saw these thing as I saw them, some of you even before I saw them. I call upon you to join hands with me in a more visible way. You can do that by supporting my writing: by purchasing my books,  and by liking, commenting on and sharing my FB posts and blog articles. This is a full time ministry for me.  So any book purchase or love offering you send enables me to continue.

The Apostolic Orthodox Church International was formed in 2013 as the flagship for this movement. Identify yourself with AOCI by communicating with us today.

Peace to your house
☩☩ Jerry L Hayes 


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings my dear friend. We have spoken before and I understand the uneasiness you may feel toward this ministry. Concerning the point of infant water baptism, I might offer the following epistle: https://bishopjerrylhayes.blogspot.com/2018/09/children-of-christians-are-holy-seed.html

    ReplyDelete